About Susan Bristow-Ford
Susan Bristow-Ford is an experienced business attorney and intellectual property litigator. She has over 19 years of experience representing businesses of all sizes – helping to bring legal disputes to successful conclusions and avoid future litigation. A former shareholder at one of Portland’s largest law firms, Susan started Bristow-Ford Law to give her clients more specialized and personal attention.
Susan represents local, national and international businesses before the Oregon and Washington state and federal courts, as well as before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Susan provides creative and effective business and IP counseling and litigation services, tailored to fit within the framework of each client’s unique business goals.
Education & Admissions
Susan received her Juris Doctor and Master’s of Science in Foreign Service in a four year, joint degree program from Georgetown University in Washington, DC.
Prior to that, she received her Bachelor of Science from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois.
She is admitted to practice in the State Courts of Oregon and Washington, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the District of Oregon and the Western District of Washington.
Civic & Professional Involvement
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network - Service Provider Member (current member)
- Women Entrepreneurs of Oregon – Board Member (2012-2013)
- Contemporary Crafts Museum and Gallery – Board Member and Executive Committee (2005-2009)
- Bradley-Angle House – Board Member (1997-1999)
- Multnomah Bar Association — Member of Judicial Screening Committee (current member)
- Federal Bar Association (current member)
- American Bar Association – Member of Intellectual Property Litigation, Trademark, and Copyright Committees (2008-2010)
- Oregon State Bar House of Delegates (current member)
- Oregon Law Foundation – Board Member (2009-2010)
- Oregon State Bar Leadership College – Fellow (2008)
- Oregon State Bar – Intellectual Property Section – Executive Committee Member (2008-2010)
- Oregon State Bar – Computer & Internet Law Section – Executive Committee Member (1999-2001)