When it’s impossible or inadvisable to avoid litigation, Susan is a vigorous advocate for her business clients through all stages of the dispute. Susan will help your business steer a thoughtful course of action throughout the process of discovery, motions practice, settlement discussions, and, if necessary, trial or arbitration. Taking into account your overall business goals and mission, Susan will engage you in cost-benefit analyses every step of the way. Whether the best course is alternative dispute resolution (mediation or arbitration), settlement, or trial, Susan will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome.
She has extensive experience with many kinds of business litigation, including:
- Shareholder, employment and partnership disputes, including claims for oppression and dissenters’ rights claims.
- Intellectual property litigation (misappropriation of trade secrets, as well as trademark, patent, and copyright enforcement)
- Breach of contract actions
- Breach of fiduciary duty and negligence actions
- Other business and employment-related claims, such as fraud, misrepresentation, interference with contract, and unfair competition
- Collection proceedings, including writs of garnishment and attachments, debtor examinations and claims to pierce the corporate veil